The Principal’s Emergency Fund (PEF) fills an important resource gap for principals, counselors and educators looking to assist Olympia’s students and families who have urgent basic needs.
In 2019-2020, more than $91,000 in PEF funds were utilized to, among other things:
- Help keep families in their homes and ensure they keep the heat turned on inside them
- Assist children who need clothes that fit their growing bodies and are appropriate for the season
- Put healthy food in refrigerators so students are ready to learn
- Make sure students have the opportunity to participate in after-school activities
- Help students clearly see words and equations on the whiteboard in their classroom
- Provide reliable Internet so students can connect to virtual classrooms
You can help Olympia’s students by supporting the annual Principal’s Emergency Fund Breakfast at 7:30 a.m. Thursday, Sept. 16, where you’ll hear from the very people who use it every day — as well as those who have been assisted by it — about what a critical resource it is.
This year’s event will be live-streamed.