A free event this year, visit for this 1-day only celebration at the Port Plaza. There will be lots of activities and entertainment including:
- Mini Tugs on Display – View four locally built 1/4 scale mini Tugs
- Lego Harbor Build – Bring the kids to watch LEGO professional bricklayers build a 5’ by 4’ tugboat. Tables and bricks are available for kids to build small-scale tugs to add to the display so you can enter your own LEGO custom tug.
- Hands on Children’s Museum Rumble Tugs – a make, race and take activity
- Remote Controlled Tugboats – come see the tugs in action
- Maritime Heritage Self-Guided Tour – Pick up our map of the walk on the boardwalk using our printed or online map and learn about the Maritime History of Olympia
- Photo Ops with Tuggy the Tugboat and find our treasure chest for tots
- Narrated Tour 10:00 am. Join maritime historian Chuck Fowler and City of Olympia Arts and Events Program Manager Stephanie Johnson for a historical and art-filled tour of Olympia’s waterfront along Percival Landing. The tour complements the Olympia Arts + Heritage exhibit “It’s the Water” now on display at the Old City Hall and Fire Station.
Live on Washington’s Lottery Tower Stage
10:00 – 11:00 Choro Tomorrow
11:30 – 12:30 Cool Breeze
1:00 – 2:30 Terry Ness and Friends
3:00 – 4:00 Cosmo’s Dream
4:30 – 5:00 Samba Olywa
Stop in at the South Sound Maritime Heritage Association information booth and learn about this new Olympia tourist attraction coming in 2022 – Tug Parthia. Learn about The National Parks service designation for Washington’s coastline and planning of the area by the Washington Trust for Historic Preservation.
FACE MASKS ARE REQUIRED TO BE WORN BY EVERYONE, VACCINATED OR UNVACCINATED, AND WE ASK YOU TO HONOR SOCIAL DISTANCING RECOMMENDATIONS. WE APPRECIATE EVERYONE DOING THEIR PART TO KEEP OUR COMMUNITY SAFE AS THE COVID PANDEMIC CONTINUES. See Event Covid Guidelines Here.